What Mark does:
Presents high-energy and entertaining keynotes, breakouts and workshops for industry associations, sales, leadership, and management meetings, to teach attendees how to go from being a good negotiator to being a great negotiator. “A good negotiator gets a bigger piece of the pie. A great negotiator grow the pie.” “It’s not about ‘win-win.’ It’s about ‘fair-fair.’”
Four primary audiences:
- Senior leadership meetings (C-Suite and other senior leadership)
- Technology leadership meetings (CIOs and other senior technology leaders)
- Business meetings focused on increasing profits or professional self-improvement (Perfect for any business association annual meeting)
- Procurement and legal department meetings and training
Where to use Mark:
- Any conference or association meeting where negotiation skills are important to the attendees.
- Fortune 1000 training seminars where the goal is to get the team’s negotiating skills to the next level.
- Any technology related conference where technology deal negotiation is important.
Mark’s unique selling points:
- Author of over 300 published articles on negotiations and technology law.
- Author of book “Technology Law – What Every Business (and Business-Minded Person) Needs to Know.”
- Chosen by his peers to be Best Lawyers in America’s “Lawyer of the Year” for Technology Law in New York City in 2016 and an unprecedented second time in 2018.
- A media go to source on the intersection of technology and law who has appeared on CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Bloomberg TV’s “Bloomberg West,” ABC’s “Nightline,” Wall Street Journal Radio and NPR.
A senior executive’s ability to negotiate is in many ways the most important skill an executive can have. In this session, lawyer, author, negotiator and professional speaker on negotiating skills Mark Grossman will give you the benefit of what he learned in his 30 plus years as a negotiator.
Highlights of Mark’s Keynotes (presentations):
- Know your BATNA – Best Alternative To A Negotiated Agreement.
- How to identify and hone important negotiating skills. The art of listening and how it’s an important negotiating skill to “Shut up, sit up, listen, learn and discern.”
- The importance of empathy as a negotiating skill. “Their position may be insane, but’s it’s their insanity. To be good at negotiating you must be able to sit in their shoes.”
- How to identify and trade your trivial points to win valuable concessions.
45 to 90-minute keynote, or 45 to 180 minute interactive breakout sessions.
Senior leadership meetings (C-Suite and other senior leadership)
Technology leadership meetings (CIOs and other senior technology leaders)
Business meetings focused on increasing profits or professional self-improvement (Perfect for any business association or corporate meeting)
Procurement and legal department meetings and training
The audience will leave with:
Substantive knowledge and skills as better negotiators, better leaders and sales professionals
Increased confidence in your negotiating abilities
The feeling that they acquired real knowledge during an entertaining and high energy talk by a world class speaker
“Mitigating Risk in the Cloud – Negotiating the Provisions
Required in Every SaaS & Cloud Deal”
Large enterprises and even the Global 100 are becoming increasingly comfortable with SaaS & cloud solutions. However, SaaS and cloud deals raise many complex legal issues that need to be thoroughly negotiated and documented in agreements. In this session, lawyer, author, negotiator and frequent speaker on negotiating SaaS & cloud deals Mark Grossman will give you the benefit of what he learned in his 30 plus years as a negotiator. In this session Mark will speak to the unique customs, usages, and norms of SaaS and cloud deals, and the particular provisions that are critical to agreements in this area. The discussion will include issues common to SaaS and cloud agreements including intellectual property, warranties, and limitations of liability.
Points Mark will cover:
- Key provisions that you should include in every SaaS and cloud contract
- How limitation of liability clauses can emasculate SaaS and cloud agreements
- Tips on protecting your data in the cloud
- How intellectual property provisions in SaaS & cloud agreements can be a trap for the unwary
Who Should Attend:
- Business professionals, computer professionals and information managers who need to keep up-to-date with the dramatic changes in this area
- CIOs, CTOs, CFOs, and the entire C-Suite and VPs
- Procurement professionals involved in technology related procurement
- Technology company sales teams
- Technology and IP lawyers, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and all lawyers who need to be on the cutting edge of technology related deal negotiations
Mark will leave the audience with:
- If one-hour program – Enhanced ability to spot and intelligently discuss the hot button issues in SaaS and cloud deals
- If two-hour (interactive) program or longer – Also leave with enhanced knowledge of industry norms and template language suggestions the audience can use in its own its deals